HEALTH AND SANITATION
We at Medlife Foundation understand the importance of preventive health measures in maintaining the well-being of marginalized and underprivileged communities in Maharashtra. One of the ways we work towards this goal is by organizing health check-up camps for the communities. Our preventive health check-up camps are designed to reach individuals who may not have access to primary healthcare services. This is in accordance with the UN SDG 3 which ensures good health and wellbeing for a people.
PREVENTIVE HEALTH CAMPS
- Health check-ups include general check-ups, disease screenings, blood tests, and vaccinations.
- Our camps are held in community canters, schools, and other public spaces.
- Our camps are fully equipped with medical supplies and staffed by qualified health professionals.
- We collaborate with NGOs and corporates for better service and community-specific needs.
- We aim to improve health outcomes and prevent illness by providing access to preventive healthcare services.
- Our regular health camps to make health services accessible to all.
MOBILE HEALTH CHECK-UP VANS
Medlife Foundation operates mobile health vans to address underserved communities in Maharashtra.
- They target remote and rural areas with limited healthcare access.
- Vans provide screenings, treatments for common illnesses, and referrals to higher facilities.
- Also conduct health education and awareness campaigns.
- Offer ophthalmic and dental care in addition to general health services.
- Aim to improve access to healthcare for remote communities.
- Sustainable menstruation refers to the use of alternative products during one’s menstrual cycle for the benefit of the body and planet.
- We are dedicated to promoting sustainable menstrual practices by providing education and access to affordable menstrual products.
- Our organization offers MEDFEM sustainable menstrual cups, which are safe, hygienic, and environmentally friendly. These cups are a one-time investment and can be reused, providing a cost-effective solution for menstruation.
- We believe that providing access to sustainable menstrual products is essential to ensuring a dignified and healthy life for women in underprivileged communities.
Medlife focuses on improving sanitation in communities. This is in accordance with the UN SDG 6 which calls for clean water and sanitation for all. It:
- Works by building and maintaining toilets and promoting cleanliness and hygiene.
- Conducts awareness campaigns, education programs, and provides training for better sanitation practices.
- Advocates for government policies and works with other corporates to leverage resources.
- Focuses on promoting sanitation practices in schools and educational institutions.
- Aims to improve sanitation by working with communities and utilizing available resources.
Medlife Foundation has a significant impact on improving health and sanitation in the country. By promoting awareness and education around hygiene practices, providing access to clean water and sanitation facilities, and advocating for proper waste management, we help prevent the spread of diseases and improve overall health outcomes.
Additionally, by promoting the use of sustainable menstrual cups can have a positive impact on both the environment and women’s health. By working with local communities and partnering with government agencies, we bring sustainable and long-lasting solutions to address health and sanitation issues in rural and underprivileged areas.